- MINDS(Medical Information Network Distribution Service) is an information service provided by the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JCQHC), a public interest incorporated foundation.
- The MINDS project has been financially supported by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of Japan since its inception in 2002 through a Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research from 2002 to 2010 and as a consignment project since 2011.
- The aim of MINDS project is to help medical practitioners to fully utilize the information related to the evidence-based medicine(EBM) in their practice. MINDS also provides patients and the public with information to help understand the basics of diseases and to share with their practitioners the up-to-date evidence, on which modern medical practices are based.
- MINDS functions as a guideline clearinghouse; clinical practice guidelines developed in Japan are formally evaluated by the guideline evaluation committee, and only those guidelines which meet with the quality standard are disseminated through the MINDS website.
- Some guideline developers have translated their guidelines into English to share with medical professionals abroad, and on this page, MINDS provides these English-translated clinical practice guidelines developed in Japan.
Any questions about clinical practice guidelines?
- Please mail your message to the authors of each guideline directly at the address listed below the title of the guideline.
- MINDS Center, Japan Council for Quality Health Care